Total Pageviews

Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sexismo Off Broadway?




Location: Fuerza Bruta Stage - New York

There are times in your life when one moment changes you forever! It's those moments that make you believe in the great intangible things of life like magic and love. That's exactly what the off Broadway production Fuerza Bruta did for me last week. I went with two of the most awesome girls I know (Sade 'Baboon' Bully and Sherilyn 'Bubbles' Mclean) and the second I saw lead actor, choreographer, and creative director Billy Mulholland on stage I said "I have to get on that stage!". The last time I uttered those words was at the M.I.A concert at the Sound Academy last year and the next thing you know, I was being hoisted on the platform to dance with the Sri Lankan pop queen and company. Fuerza Bruta is unearthly and a full sensory experience. There are gunshots, blood, beautiful people swinging on ropes, confetti, wind, water and sheer beauty. It's like getting a glimpse of creation through the eyes of the Navi people from Avatar. The entire cast is beautiful and intense and I'm so honored and thrilled that I was chosen to share the stage with them! The pic of me above was taken seconds before I leapt on the stage and got buck wild with the cast. AMAZING!!! You have to watch this show if you are in NY. It will change your life.

Link: http://www.fuerzabrutanyc.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment